Sunday, May 26, 2013

Patagonia, the brand? No the land...

A while back I became an ambassador for the Patagonia International Marathon which will take place in Chile in September. The goal of the event is not just to bring people together from all over the world for a race (or in this case multiple races as there is a 63K, marathon, 21K & 10K) but also to raise awareness for the conservation of that beautiful land. My ambassador page can be seen here, and through that webpage you can learn about the race and the conservation efforts to plant native trees in Patagonia. http://www.patagonianinternationalmarathon.com/john-focke/ I am extremely honored to be an ambassador of this event and now thanks to some very generous folks (and some part-time work) it looks like I am going to be able to take part in this event too. My plans (while still in flux at the moment) are to run the 63K race (roughly 40miles) the first time they have offered such a distance. Not only will I head to the bottom of the world to run, but also to experience the land and to write about the importance of the ongoing conservation efforts in the region. Wild spaces and running are two things that I am very passionate about and to be able to combine them, along with the conservation efforts, in such a rugged beautiful place is like a dream come true. I'll write more about this incredible adventure as I get the plans finalized, if you would like to contribute to and become a part of this journey just let me know-

No comments:

Post a Comment